How to Clean Kitchen Garbage Can
When you think about holidays, the first thing that comes to mind is to clean out the trash can. However, since all cooking, gift wrapping (and packaging) and post-party cleaning are done at this time of year, you want a clean trash can.
How often should you clean the kitchen trash can?
The frequency of cleaning garbage depends on how many people are in the house and your personal kitchen habits. Naturally, one person has less trash than a family of five. However, if you eat too much or do a lot of composting and recycling, your trash can may not take many measures. This is indeed a judgment call, but the waste bin should usually be cleaned thoroughly at least once a month.
How do you clean your garbage can?
- Cleaning the trash can may never be on the top of your list of favorite pastimes. Fortunately, this is a fairly simple process and does not require any special tools or cleaning products.
- Empty the trash can.
- Wipe the outside of the dustbin with a microfiber cloth and warm soapy water. Always start from the outside, because the inside will be dirtier and you don't want to smear dirt on the surface of the trash can.
- Use the same microfiber cloth and soapy water to clean the inside of the trash can.
- Use a fresh microfiber cloth or paper towel to thoroughly dry the trash can.
- Do not put in a new bag until the inside and outside of the trash can are completely dry.
- Put a new trash can liner in it.
Steps for maintaining a clean kitchen trash can
Between monthly cleanings, several steps can be taken to keep the trash can clean.
- Always use garbage bags.
- Do not throw away liquid or runny food. If you do, please put it in a plastic food bag first. The same goes for any moldy or spoiled food.
- Wipe off spills immediately to prevent them from having time to stick. A wet microfiber cloth or paper towel is an ideal tool to solve this problem.
- When you see stains or fingerprints, wipe them off immediately. You can use a dry microfiber cloth to clean these streaks and stains.
- Make sure that the trash can lining is always close to the edge of the trash can. If it falls inside and you don't realize it, then you need to do some important garbage cleaning.
- Please move full garbage bags into outdoor containers as soon as possible instead of packing up the garbage.
If you clean your garbage bin once a week or every two weeks, sprinkle baking soda on the bottom to neutralize the smell. If you go longer between trash can cleaning, don't use baking soda as it will clump up and cause a bigger mess.
Remember, the more often you clean the garbage can, the less likely you are to encounter a smelly trash can.
Saniwise is a modern home tools brand introducing premium automatic sensor stainless steel trash can for kitchen, home, and office. Saniwise electric sensor garbage cans 13 gallon for kitchen are available on Amazon. Enjoy totally touchless and hygienic trash-throwing experience from today!